Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harshadrokade
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Changing second slicer values as per selection in first slicer

HI All,

I have Two slicers as below-

Standard slicer with values as 1,2,3,4,5

Subject slicer as S1, S2, S3, S4, S5....... S14

Also refer table given below

If I select value from Standard slicer, the Subject slicer gets filtered.

Example, If I select 2 in Standard slicer, the Subject slicer shows values as S3,S4 & S5.

Now If I select any value (Lets say S4) from Subject slicer & then select 3 in Standard slicer, the Subject slicer shows values as S6,S7,S8 as well as S4. S4 is shown even though its not part of Standard 3 because that was selected in Subject slicer earlier.

How can I refresh the selections made in Subject slicer when I change the value in Standard slicer.

Table

StandardSubjects
1S1
1S2
2S3
2S4
2S5
3S6
3S7
3S8
4S9
4S10
5S11
5S12
5S13
5S14

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @harshadrokade 

How did you set up your slicer? Because if values in slicers are from same table, then the 2 slicers will affect each other.

It means,

if you select 2 in Standard slicer, the Subject slicer shows values as S3,S4 & S5.

if you select S4 in Subject slicer, the Standard slicer shows values as 2.vxiaotang_0-1637031418840.png

In this scenario, the value in the second slicer will not be overwritten even if you creat a measure.

you can try this function of slicer, it will help you clear selections.vxiaotang_1-1637031568087.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@harshadrokade , if they are from the same table they should filter automatically else you can create a measure(In this table or common table)  and check form not blank values in visual level filter

HI @amitchandak , Thanks for your reply.

These values are from same table. But when I select a value from my first slicer (Standard), the second slicer (Subject) gets filtered. This is working fine as far as I am not selecting any value of second slicer (Subject). As soon as I select value from my second slicer(Subject) & change the value of first slicer (Standard), the second slicer (Subject) shows the related values of the new value selected in first slicer (Standard) + it also shows the earlier selected value of second slicer (Subject) as it was selected. If I select any other value of second slicer (Subject), then this old selected value disappears. I want that when I change the value of first slicer, the values of second slicer (Subject) should competely change & shoudl not show any values related to previous selected value of first slicer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.