cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fabric is Generally Available. Browse Fabric Presentations. Work towards your Fabric certification with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

casperholtfarve
Helper III
Helper III

Changing rows in a dynamic table based on results and rules

Hi all

I have a really (for me at least) tricky challenge in front of me.
I have tried to describe everything on the PBIX it self, but will also upload the imaeg here:
Udklip2.PNG

Logic I want to implement:

1) In general I want to filter the tables based on the last 6 months (relative date)

2) IF filtered table (able to filter on Company_ID) returns "problems" of only 1 "Problem_Cat2_Text" - for example Company_Id = 1, THEN I want to show ALL problems for the same "Problem_Cat1_Text" but 2 years back!

3) I need this to by dymanic and able to handle new rows every single day.

4) Users might click on the table, hence the filter context changes. If possible I would like a solution where the filter context does not change based on user clicking on a row in the table. And a transparent shape, will NOT do the tricks since the user should be able to scroll up and down and siteways on the table, as more date gets added on.

Here are a couple of more images of the data model (simplified of course) and also the overall filter with 6 relative months, as it is set up as of now.

Udklip3.PNG

Udklip.PNG

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you do not think that this is possible at all?
The original data source is from SSAS, Direct Query and using Power BI RS - Which means Field Parameters is NOT an option as of now. Not sure it would help anyway though. But thought I would try to recreate it in Power BI Desktop, so here you go. 

Here is a link to the PBIX file: Dummy_Data.pbix 

Thanks a lot in advance. Really hope you smart guys can crack this on 😉 

1 REPLY 1
casperholtfarve
Helper III
Helper III

Any DAX wizards out there? Got a proposed solution? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI November 2023 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - November 2023

Check out the November 2023 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Power BI Fabric Summit Carousel

The largest Power BI and Fabric virtual conference

130+ sessions, 130+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI and Fabric. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors