Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlB
Super User
Super User

Changing checkbox fill color in a slicer

Hi all,

In the slicer below, the item selected (YTD) has a black filled checkbox. That is barely visible in that background, so we would like it to be filled with a lighter color. Can that be changed and where/how? I guess it shouldn't be too difficult but we haven't been able to find it.

Many thanks

AlB_0-1623421269074.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlB 

Is the slicer you use standard ? If so , you can change the background color in Format settings .

Ailsa-msft_0-1623723718502.pngAilsa-msft_1-1623723718504.png

Make the background color lighter ,and then the option you choose will become obvious .

Or you can try another visual ,like a custom visual Hierarchical Filter .

More info about Hierarchical Filter can refer to the link:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Single-select-slicer-highlighted-different-colour/m-p/14485...

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
texmexdragon2
Helper V
Helper V

This is unacceptable that you can't simply change the fill color of the check box.   

jcody6000
Regular Visitor

I am looking for the same thing...   the rest of the filter matches the theme already   just need to change the color of the checkbox.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/PowerBI-Slicer-Visual/m-p/2723468

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlB 

Is the slicer you use standard ? If so , you can change the background color in Format settings .

Ailsa-msft_0-1623723718502.pngAilsa-msft_1-1623723718504.png

Make the background color lighter ,and then the option you choose will become obvious .

Or you can try another visual ,like a custom visual Hierarchical Filter .

More info about Hierarchical Filter can refer to the link:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Single-select-slicer-highlighted-different-colour/m-p/14485...

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

As a graphics designer this is not acceptable. The Checkbox should have the same contrast as the font color. For Darker themes and designs we need to maintain the same contrast options for all the elements of a visual to provide a consistant user experience.  There is a suggestion in Ideas. Please vote!
https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=e6a0f0af-f6f5-414e-9107-d21f6e88b2ac

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@AlB create an idea on the ideas forum if doesn't already exist.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

AlB
Super User
Super User

@Fowmy Thanks

Surprising, and disappointing, that it is not possible 🙄

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@AlB 

Unfortunately, it is not yet possible, I checked JSON theme properties as well but no luck. You can alternatively change the background of the Font and Background under Item selection to a lighter colour as follows

Fowmy_0-1623421806990.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.