Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

s15
Helper III
Helper III

Change the data label

I have a list of people with Gender column to identify whether a person is female or male. The values are F and M. In the chart, I don't want to show F and M, but full description, such as Female, Male. Have a look at below screen. Instead of display F and M which may be hard to understand, I need to use Female and Male while values are still remained.

powerbi01.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can add a conditional column with 'Male' for M and 'Female' for F and use that column instead.

@Anonymous @Anonymous I thought about your suggestions but I think this way creates a redundant column which I don't like to manage. It would be good if I could only modify a Display View for giving more sense rather than adding a new column. Thank you

@s15,

It is not possible to directly modify the display view of detail label in pie chart, you can submit a feature request in the Power BI ideas forum.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it seems that way, but its how you do it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a custom column in either Power Query or DAX that acts as a Gender label.  The DAX version would be:

Gender Display = IF(
	[Gender] = "M",
	"Male",
	"Female"
)

Now you use that display field instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.