Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wresen
Post Patron
Post Patron

Change table values for slicer

Hi and thanks for reading this.

I have table with 3 columns, 2 of them have code in them but i would like to convert the code to measures since i have a few slicers that makes the condition to change. I use Month 2 in the a slicer.

What i am trying to do is to have a long table with "Month"(it is longer then the picture , had to cut it down) and when i use slicers in the report it changes the slicer that have "Month2" (so it only shows the the months that is >0,3 (0,3 is a calculated value from other data)) 

I hope i have manged to explain myself.

Month is just values

Check = if(slicer 1'[Value]>0,3;"YES")

Month2 = if('slicer 1'[Check] ="YES";slicer 1'[Month])

month.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @Wresen ,

now I understand you (atleast i hope 😛 )  - you want to have the slicer values to be calculated based on certain circumstances/slicings?

Sry that won't be possible since you can't put measures in a slicer. By putting a calculated column in it this would also NOT be helpful since calculated columns and tables are preprocessed and later slicings wouldn't change the values in a slicer.

BR,

Josef

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ephsiba

datescount =
CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS(DimDate),
    FILTER(
        Facts,
        Facts[Months] =Facts[Months]="DEC-NOV"
    ),
    REMOVEFILTERS(dimemps[Employee Name])
)

works correctly and gives the correct result. But when i change the slicer of Facts[Months] from DEC-JAN to NOV-DEC it doesnt work. 

I changed the code as 
datescount =
CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS(DimDate),
    FILTER(
        Facts,
        Facts[Months],Facts[Months]=Selectedvalue(facts[Months])
    ),
    REMOVEFILTERS(dimemps[Employee Name])
)

It doesnt work. gives only empty values

JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @Wresen,

did you mean something like this? If not please describe it in more detail what your expected result is and what values you have maybe post an example file 🙂

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it a 'thumbs up'? This will also help others

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef
Graz - Austria

Hi Josef and thanks so much

After i posted my question i found out that i cant use measure in a slicers . please correct me if i am wrong.

Taking your file as an example i would be able it use the measure (that you have calculated ) and us that in a slicer and the slicer should show values 201803 and 201804 (same values measure is showing in the table/matrix

Hey @Wresen ,

now I understand you (atleast i hope 😛 )  - you want to have the slicer values to be calculated based on certain circumstances/slicings?

Sry that won't be possible since you can't put measures in a slicer. By putting a calculated column in it this would also NOT be helpful since calculated columns and tables are preprocessed and later slicings wouldn't change the values in a slicer.

BR,

Josef

Thanks so much for the help and answer Josef i really appreciate it.

You are very welcome @Wresen 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors