Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

nitesh1

Capturing user level information of a single power bi report shared to few users

Hi All,

Greetings. I have a power Bi report which gives last 30 days of data in the report  by default.

Suppose if user 1 opens the report on the day the report shared he can see the 30 days of data by default in the report  and  data of the report  gets  refreshed on daily basis . our requirement is if the same user 1 opens the report after 1 week he has to see only the last 1 week of data in the report instead of default 30 days ,How can this be possible ? same is report is shared to multiple people.How & where is the user login  information captured in power bi and how it can be used in exiting rport to imlement the above described requirment. 

Kinldy help me in solving the issue.

Thanks & Regards

Nitesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

An interesting task!

I imagine that this is possible by taking the problem and dividing it into 2 pieces...

1. Accessing User Activity (for example, reading a report)

2. Filtering by a user with Row Level Security (RLS) 

Accessing User Activity:

The Power BI service recently provided enhancement to the Activity Log API

Migel seems to cover this topic well here: Power BI Event Activity Log API – Easy way to get it!

RLS:

Reza has plenty of great free resources on his website on RLS, but here is a short video he did talking you through setting up RLS at the Microsoft Business Application Summit.

Unleash row level security patterns in Power BI

Let me know if this helps you get to a solution, or whether there is still an issue.

Cheers,

Scott

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

An interesting task!

I imagine that this is possible by taking the problem and dividing it into 2 pieces...

1. Accessing User Activity (for example, reading a report)

2. Filtering by a user with Row Level Security (RLS) 

Accessing User Activity:

The Power BI service recently provided enhancement to the Activity Log API

Migel seems to cover this topic well here: Power BI Event Activity Log API – Easy way to get it!

RLS:

Reza has plenty of great free resources on his website on RLS, but here is a short video he did talking you through setting up RLS at the Microsoft Business Application Summit.

Unleash row level security patterns in Power BI

Let me know if this helps you get to a solution, or whether there is still an issue.

Cheers,

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.