Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

lelalaoui
Frequent Visitor

Cannot refresh Data with PBI Gateway

Hi All,

I have 3 PBI reports and I'm having a problem with one where my data is not automatically refreshed, All 3 repprts are published in the same work space with the same gateway, but with this one I have to upload it each time I find that there are updates, else no refresh will be done, have you ever faced this issue ?

One more thing, that I have noticed and I can't say that it is linked to the issue, it's each time when I publish the 2 working reports the wizard asks me to choose my gateway, unlike this report where I have this issue, the wizard asks me to select the space Only.

thanks for your help.

7 REPLIES 7
littlemojopuppy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi!  Are all data sources used in the reports configured in the gateway?

I use only one server with some linked servers, but just to be safe in case, I added all my sources in the gatway

Hi @lelalaoui ,

I noticed that you are using linked server, linked server will always meet the double hop certificated problem, have you checked it? I would suggest you checking the gateway error log and the log of resource to get more information.

Best Regards,

Teige

Hi @TeigeGao 

In the diagnostics section of the gateway setting I'm having somthing strange, I tried to reinstall the gateway to see if I have the same behavior and it is : Once I install it and I launch a new test, the result is successful but if I try a new test few hours later I get this message (Incomplete (failed to connect to network), and I don't see where to get the logs, I'm only having logs for completed tests. You think it is linked to this ?

About linked servers, I changed my queries to get data directly from my servers without using linked servers and in my gateway I added all my servers in, what do you think ?

Thx.

Hi @lelalaoui ,

I would suggest you referring to this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot to get the error log of gateway. The error log will point the direction to troubleshooting, generally, gateway error can be caused by many reasons.

Best Regards,

Teige

Hi @TeigeGao 

It seems that my gateway works fine for two raisons :

My old reports works correctly ;

And following this article bit.ly/2HubJmo, it apprears that that error is just a bug but the gateway is functuoning.

So, the reported problem is linked to something else, please advise.

Best regards

Can anybody help on this please ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.