Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MollyK09
Regular Visitor

Cannot Refresh Power BI Report - receive multiple error messages

Hello, 

I am trying to refresh my Power BI desktop report - the online version of the report is refreshing just fine. 

When I initially open the report I get the following error message: 

Screenshot 2023-04-18 143616.png

I have tried to rebuild the data combination with the information using this link: https://excelguru.ca/power-query-errors-please-rebuild-this-data-combination/ but it did not work for me. 

After receiving this message, I have done what has worked for me before (and is recommended on many other support forums) - open Power Query, refresh all queries or at least the one that received the refresh error, and then close Power Query and hit refresh again. However I have tried it several times and none of the queries have any errors to fix in Power Query. Also when I have closed out of Power Query and tried to refresh again, I get a different refresh error. 

Screenshot 2023-04-18 144159.png

I have tried deleting query relationships, editing permission structures, checking for incorrect data types, among other fixes but none of them seem to work. Does anyone have any advice? 

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
MollyK09
Regular Visitor

Update: I was able to find the solution to the issue. I had been refreshing the tables in Power Query, but forgot about the possibility of individually refreshing them out of power query. I was able to isolate the table that was giving me issues and fix the problem I had in refreshing the report. Thanks for the help @guibenassi .

MollyK09
Regular Visitor

I tried that and tried removing the last several steps in the All_Requests_1 table, and am still getting both errors.

I also tried marking out the last several errors in the All_Requests_1 table in Advanced Editor but that did not prove insightful yet either. I am going to keep trying to isolate the power query steps until I find the error, but if anyone else has any suggestions that would be great. 

guibenassi
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hello @MollyK09 
It seems to have a problem in the table All_Requests_1
The erros should not appear in Power Query because power Query process just the first 1.000 rows.
At Power Query, if it is possible try to delete the step "Replace West, Na"...
If it works without this step I reccomend to rebuild this step.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.