Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

aakashdmorya
Frequent Visitor

Can we display tool-tip on hover of specific column only?

Hi Folks,

I have a table visual and I have created a new tooltip page and associated that tool tip with that table visual.

But what I want is, that tooltip should only visible if I hover specific columns, not for entire row.

For example, I have C1, C2 and C3 column in a row. At present the tooltip is showing on row hover, but what I want is to display the tooltip when I hover to only C3 column. Because I have some information related to that columns only in tooltip page.

Any reference link or suggestion is most welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI,  @aakashdmorya 

According to my knowledge, I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in power bi for now. The tooltip will show on row hover.

For your requirement, you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI,  @aakashdmorya 

According to my knowledge, I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in power bi for now. The tooltip will show on row hover.

For your requirement, you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.