Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Alyaa_Mohsen

Can't connect PowerBI with BigQuery Views

Hello, 
I have an issue with BigQuery connection on PowerBI desktop. 
I tried to connect to a view on BQ then started to create a chart based on the data in this view. However the data can't be loaded on the chart and always giving me this error 

Alyaa_Mohsen_0-1718144570330.png

I tried to increase the timeout limit but it didn't work. I don't know what is the issue here.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alyaa_Mohsen ,

Make sure your machine has access to BigQuery's REST API endpoint. Connections may time out due to network latency, firewall settings, or proxy servers. You can try running a simple query to check if it can return data.
It is also helpful to log into the BigQuery console and see if there are any error or warning messages associated with your query or connection attempt. If there are any errors, try to find the cause at the link below.

Troubleshoot quota and limit errors  |  BigQuery  |  Google Cloud

Here's another simple connection via ODBC step-by-step for reference.

community/archived/bigquery-from-excel/index.md at master · GoogleCloudPlatform/community (github.co...

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alyaa_Mohsen ,

Make sure your machine has access to BigQuery's REST API endpoint. Connections may time out due to network latency, firewall settings, or proxy servers. You can try running a simple query to check if it can return data.
It is also helpful to log into the BigQuery console and see if there are any error or warning messages associated with your query or connection attempt. If there are any errors, try to find the cause at the link below.

Troubleshoot quota and limit errors  |  BigQuery  |  Google Cloud

Here's another simple connection via ODBC step-by-step for reference.

community/archived/bigquery-from-excel/index.md at master · GoogleCloudPlatform/community (github.co...

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept PBI Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

September Hackathon Carousel

Microsoft Fabric & AI Learning Hackathon

Learn from experts, get hands-on experience, and win awesome prizes.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.