Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

stuart765
Frequent Visitor

Calendar Table Not Refreshing

Calendar(s) that I imported from Excel into Power BI always refreshed with my data table when I clicked the "Refresh" button. I created a new calendar within Power BI and that table does NOT rerfresh when I refresh my data table. Will my calendar table dates update and will my data table refresh with updated data if I just change the "End Date" in my Calendar query to a later date? Are you aware of an alternate way to refresh the calendar table? I appreciate all the past assistance.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your CALENDAR function has fixed dates in it. To get a dynamic calendar, you need to use a different approach. Two examples below:

To have it match one of the date columns in your model

CALENDAR(MIN(FactTable[Date]), MAX(FactTable[Date]))

To have a fixed start but expand with each daily refresh

CALENDAR("1/1/2020", TODAY())

Pat

Microsoft Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
stuart765
Frequent Visitor

Vicky,

I appreciate the fast response. The DAX for my "Work Calendar" is 

Work Calendar = CALENDAR("1/1/2020", "12/31/2023"). Should I update it to Work Calendar = CALENDARAUTO("1/1/2020", "12/31/2023") and then only have to update "12/31/2023" when necessary?

Thanks again 

Your CALENDAR function has fixed dates in it. To get a dynamic calendar, you need to use a different approach. Two examples below:

To have it match one of the date columns in your model

CALENDAR(MIN(FactTable[Date]), MAX(FactTable[Date]))

To have a fixed start but expand with each daily refresh

CALENDAR("1/1/2020", TODAY())

Pat

Microsoft Employee

Pat,

Thank you for the fast response. Our dataset is refreshed weekly and I will try that date and/or CALENDARAUTO.

Thanks again to all for the fast response.

vicky_
Super User
Super User

You can try use the CALENDARAUTO() function which should automatically refresh based on the date range present in your data set.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.