Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bdeleur
Helper II
Helper II

Calculations in history

Hi everybody,

In a database I do a calculation for now to see if the date is overdue. Realtime works perfectly but I'm wondering if I can recreated the same outcome but in history.  If I selectef 1-1-2023 I want the calculation of that day etc etc.

The rule in Powerquery is now:

#"OLL?" = Table.AddColumn(#"Aangepaste kolom toegevoegd13", "OLL?", each if [RealizedDischargeDate] = null and [Inititialdischargedate_aanpassing_WLZ] < Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow()) and ([DischargeProposedStartDate]= null or [DischargeProposedStartDate] > Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow())) then "OLL" else null),

I hope somebody can help me.

Greetings

9 REPLIES 9
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide a more detailed explanation of what you are aiming to achieve. What have you tried and where are you stuck?

Hi,

now I make an excel file every time the dashboard updates. I don't have any clue how to make the same logic work for an archive.

Power BI has no memory* . You need to manage your snapshots in the upstream system. * Yes, there is the self referencing option but that has no safety net.

Please provide sample data (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot). Leave out anything not related to the issue.
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

I'm struggling to create the database for here. Hopefully the tables below will help.

The intention is to check for each day whether a row (ID) falls between a start date and an end date. The intention is that only the COUNT is reported. The other columns are for the example.

IDIDIDCOUNT
1-1-2023X  1
2-1-2023XX 2
3-1-2023XX 2
4-1-2023 X 1
5-1-2023 X 1
6-1-2023 XX2
7-1-2023  X1
8-1-2023  X1

IDstartdateenddate
130-12-20223-1-2023
22-1-20236-1-2023
36-1-2023 

see attached

Your solution indeed works perfectly on the sample data but somehow not on my real dataset. That's why I have a bit more extensive set and outcome here that I can share with you. Hopefully you see what happened.

The screeshot is the result of your code:

bdeleur_0-1692260611673.png

Expected outcome 

Data 

see attached

Hi, thanks for the new file. That actually worked for me too. What went wrong for me is that I used my date table and not a separate column with the date. Now it fits better, but that also makes me discover that it will never work since the data is always adjusted to what I want to see. The status of the IDs change, but that is not recorded in a database, the data is always overwritten.

Thank you for your help, it was certainly correct and fast.
Thanks, I'll mark your answer as resolved.

Hi @lbendlin,

Sorry I was on holiday. I'll make a sample dataset and post it here. To be continued. Tnx for the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.