Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Titatovenaar2
Helper III
Helper III

CalculationGroup Format string expression does not react

Hi everyone,

I've tried to adjust the format string expressions within a calculation group of certain fields to percentages in Tabular Editor within a Dataset model, but they don't seem to react at all to anything.

They DO work however on a new local model .pbix file, with the following settings:

Titatovenaar2_0-1657705821558.png

On the Dataset model, saved, deployed afterwards, and fully recalculated and/or processed afterwards, the following settings do not work somehow:

Titatovenaar2_1-1657706021325.png

I have tried the following format string expressions, which both work on the local model .pbix, but neither of them work on the Dataset model.

- "0.0%"

- "0.0%;-0.0%;0.0%"

What can I adjust to make this work on a Dataset model?

Kind regards,

Igor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Titatovenaar2 ,

There is the following limitation when using calculation group, please find the details in this official documentation.

When creating Power BI reports using LiveConnection, Dynamic format strings are not applied to report-level measures.

Power BI Connections: Live Connection

Live Connection; When Power BI comes Hybrid

The only four types of data sources supported by this type of connection are:

• Azure Analysis Services
  • SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular
  • SQL Server Analysis Services Multi-Dimensional
  • Power BI Service Dataset
The type of measure that you create a Live Connection is called Report Level Measures. Report Level Measures as the name of it explains, is only for this Power BI report.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Titatovenaar2 ,

There is the following limitation when using calculation group, please find the details in this official documentation.

When creating Power BI reports using LiveConnection, Dynamic format strings are not applied to report-level measures.

Power BI Connections: Live Connection

Live Connection; When Power BI comes Hybrid

The only four types of data sources supported by this type of connection are:

• Azure Analysis Services
  • SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular
  • SQL Server Analysis Services Multi-Dimensional
  • Power BI Service Dataset
The type of measure that you create a Live Connection is called Report Level Measures. Report Level Measures as the name of it explains, is only for this Power BI report.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Titatovenaar2
Helper III
Helper III

Anyone else maybe? please carefully read the post, because an obvious answer that doesn't solve my post leads to less reaction of others who might actually do know the solution.

Kind regards,

Igor

Titatovenaar2
Helper III
Helper III

I know where to write the format string expression, but you can see that already in the screenshots I have posted above.

In my following screen you can see it has already been filled in, which also correspondents with the string all the way down to the right:

Titatovenaar2_0-1657708859868.png

What could be the solution?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Titatovenaar2 , On the top where you write the expression, the is slicer - Property - you can select string format there and then write the format of string

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.