Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mattosed
Regular Visitor

Calculating values in preview year

Hello Dears

My question can be very simple but very common and I'm sure someone had same problem.

I have a table with following fields

1-country

2-year (text field) 4 positions Ex: 2016

3-sales

I need to get the value of sales from 2015 and compare with 2014 (preview year) in a new column.

Sem título.jpg

Example, for USA 2015 the year value is 25851 but I need compare it with 2014... 20394....

In the final, I need to express the difference in percentage in 2015... Diff = (25851-20394) / 20394 = 27% of increase.

Please, some guru to help me. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

Hey @mattosed

It is very common to  YoY growth %,  YoY comparison etc. I'm sure there are tons of posts on this. One thing you need to do this kind of comparison, a continuous date table and it will drive rest of the calculations

Here is quick link which will help http://www.daxpatterns.com/time-patterns/

If you need further help, send me private message with your email and I will send you pbix file as a reference. Cheers!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thank you a lot... I will check and let you know if my test worked...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.