Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

simplimitch
Regular Visitor

Calculate with filter causing performance issues

Currently I am trying to do some calculations within Power BI and all of the component parts are working but when i put them together the system tells me that I don't have sufficient RAM.

I have tracked it back to a single part of the calculation but i can't figure a way to do it more efficiently.

CashflowCount = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Calendar'),filter(All('Calendar'),'Calendar'[Date] >= MIN(Cashflow[Task.StartDate]) && 'Calendar'[Date] <= MAX(Cashflow[Projects.EndDate])))

This is the calculation which is causing the problem which by itself does resolve after some time.

What i am trying to do is split the interest for a particular caulcation across the period taht the interest will be paid rather than just a total interest in the period it started to be accrued.

Any ideas?  I am assuming taht i'm not the only person who has had this problem and i might be missing somehting simple that will solve my problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Will you have 1 row per day? In other words you are trying to calculate the number of days between a start date and end date?

Have you tried the DATEDIFF function? If this won't work, you could try calculating the min and max dates as there own measures and then using those in the calculate function.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Will you have 1 row per day? In other words you are trying to calculate the number of days between a start date and end date?

Have you tried the DATEDIFF function? If this won't work, you could try calculating the min and max dates as there own measures and then using those in the calculate function.

Yp DateDiff was a much better way of doing it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.