Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mahra-in
Helper II
Helper II

Calculate value between two dates if date falls between two dates in another table

Hi

I need your help in calculating the sum of values if the date of that table falls in between two dates from another table

Table 1: Spend

SupplierCategoryValuePO Date
ABBMotors20006-May-17
SiemensDrives15001-Apr-17
GECable130015-Dec-17
ABBMotors100018-Aug-17
SiemensCable120015-Nov-17

Table 2: Contract

SupplierCategoryEffective DateEnd Date
ABBMotors1/1/201730-Jun-17
SiemensDrives1/1/20171-Oct-17
GECable1/1/201731-Oct-17

Now I want result as 

ABB2000
Siemens1500

Since ABB has 2 PO's but only 1 PO falls between the dates from Table 2 similarly Siemens has 2 PO's but only 1 falls between Table 2 dates , GE has only 1 PO and it doesnot falls between the date.

Also the remaining supplier TECO doesnot covered under any contract hence not considered

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ChandeepChhabra
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi, You can download the solution excel (powerpivot)

A few things that I have done

1. I have created a relationship between Client Name between Spend and Contract Table, assuming that the client name will not be duplicated in the Contract Table
  2. Then I have written the following measure

Spend Between Dates = CALCULATE(SUM(Spend[Value]),FILTER(Spend,Spend[PO Date]>=RELATED(Contract[Effective Date])&&Spend[PO Date]<=RELATED(Contract[End Date])))

Snapshot of the result

Sum between dates.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChandeepChhabra
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi, You can download the solution excel (powerpivot)

A few things that I have done

1. I have created a relationship between Client Name between Spend and Contract Table, assuming that the client name will not be duplicated in the Contract Table
  2. Then I have written the following measure

Spend Between Dates = CALCULATE(SUM(Spend[Value]),FILTER(Spend,Spend[PO Date]>=RELATED(Contract[Effective Date])&&Spend[PO Date]<=RELATED(Contract[End Date])))

Snapshot of the result

Sum between dates.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Could you tell me please what should I do if between theese two tables is another one? This table keep all information about client account. Relationships is created by "account id".

Anushka

Hi,

You need to have a relationship beween the two tables to achieve this. (Better if you have numeric column rather than creating relationship between supplier columns.)

Then you can create a calculated column in Spend table , something like below.

ValueSpent= IF([PO Date] > RELATED(Contract[EffectiveDate].[Date]) && [Date] < RELATED(Contract[EndDate]), Spend[Value] , 0) 

Finally, get the sum of the newly created column. 

Hope this helps

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.