Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate the amount of certain orders uptill a date

Hey, 

Im trying to make a graph that shows how many orders are finished uptill a certain date. The data Im working with is as follows. 

OrderNumberOrderStatusUpdateDate
1Released22-09
2Closed22-09
3Released22-09
1Closed23-09
2Closed23-09
3Released23-09
4Released23-09

The first value should be 2 and the second value should also be 2. As order 1 is closed en order 4 is released. I tried doing it with a count and filters, but couldn't make it work. It is possible to do this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, 

I want to make a graph that shows the number of released order at a certain date. In the data provide the first value in the graph shoud be 2 at 22-09 and should be 2 at 23-09. The problem I have is that I could find a solution that only counts certain orders up till a certain date and the other problem of only counting if a order is released and not completed. For order 1 it should be counted at 22-09, but not at 23-09. Order 3 should be taken into account at both dates. 

@Anonymous 

Not clear enough, if you provide more data and expected result, it will help

Try this measure:

Measure = 

CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS(Table2),
    Table2[OrderStatus] = "Released"
)

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, 

I will try to add more data. 

OrderNumberOrderStatusUpdate date 
1222-09
2122-09
3122-09
4222-09
2223-09
5123-09
3224-09
6224-09

Here every day the order a new list of orders is added to the table. The released orders (1) that are finished (2) are also added to the table. I want to show the number of released over time and to know if this increases or decreases over time. The value at each day are given in this table. 

Day22-0923-0924-09
Numberof Orders released2 (For order 2 and 3)2 (For order 3 and 5, order 2 changed to finished)1 (For order 5, order 3 changed to finished) 

I want to know how I can calculate the number of orders released. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.