Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Serj
Frequent Visitor

Calculate count of values from another table

Greeting to everyone!

Would you pls suggest how to move on with this? 

I have two tables. The first of them contains all possible variations of statuses. The second contains categories and their statuses. Not all possible status variations are present in the second table.

Serj_0-1667237728804.png

What I would to get as the desired output is a pivot table with all distinct categories in rows and count of matching statuses in columns, similar to EXEL calculation using COUNTIFS($D$4:$D$13,$B19,$E$4:$E$13,C$18), putting 0 for those statuses that are missing for related categories in the second table (for Status5 and Status6):

Serj_1-1667237728810.png

Thank you very much for your help and have a great day!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

1) create a join between the Status columns

2) put Category in rows, All possible statuses in columns, and a measure

#rows = COUNTROWS(Table)+0

+0 at the end will wrok around the autoxists which would normally hide the values.

Another option is to show items with no data (right click on the fields definition) but I think it will show blanks by default (if the measure is just COUNTROWS, or you drag & drop column and count from UI)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Serj
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Stachu , thank you for a very prompt response. I tried it out and it works fine under option #1 of your solution. 

Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

1) create a join between the Status columns

2) put Category in rows, All possible statuses in columns, and a measure

#rows = COUNTROWS(Table)+0

+0 at the end will wrok around the autoxists which would normally hide the values.

Another option is to show items with no data (right click on the fields definition) but I think it will show blanks by default (if the measure is just COUNTROWS, or you drag & drop column and count from UI)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.