Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vladnech
Frequent Visitor

Calculate amount on Currency slicer selection

Hi guys

Looks like I have found several threads, how to convert amount on selected Currency, but, for some reason, none of them works for me.

I have currecies with rates table (SelectedCurrencies) - it is used in a Slicer: 

SelectCurrencySelectCurrency

I have the Holdings tables, where I have specified two measures: 

m_Rate = IF(ISFILTERED(SelectedCurrencies[Currency]), MAX(SelectedCurrencies[DefaultRate]), 1) 

m_Nominal = CALCULATE(SUM([NominalInAUD])/[m_Rate]) 

Holdings and SelectedCurrencies do not have any relations:

Holdings_SelectedCurrencies.png

NOTE: Relations on this screenshot are for different tables

But does not make any conversion, clicking on any currency it does not re-calculate the amount (Nominal):

Calc.png

Nominal stays the same on Currency selection. Looks like ISFILTERED does not work - always false. 

Thanks in advance for your help,

Vlad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If Nominal is a calculated column and = to m_Nominal use the m_Nominal on your visual and it works, in my sample file I have used the measure in my visual not a calculated column.

Mfelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @vladnech,

If your measure is m_Nominal in your Table that's the value you should place in you table, the column you highlight is the Nominal don't know if this is your column to calculate the m_Nominal value but it seem to me that you don't have selected the value that you want to see.

Regards,

Mfelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Hi mate

Sorry, for confusion. Yes, Nominal is placed into the table. 

Nominal = m_Nominal. 

Thanks,

Vlad

I have made a similar setup to yours using the same measures and everything worked properly, is the SUM([NominalInAUD]) also a measure?

Regards

Miguel Félix

NominalInAUD is the column.

Here are the data models:

Models.png

Hi @vladnech,

Sorry for insisting on this if you have a column name Nominal in you Visual that is corresponding to your column Nominal in you dataset in your visual you should use the m_nominal to see the value with the calculated exchange rate, to my knowledge you cannot change the names of the measures/columns in the visuals so if you are looking at the Table Visual and see the Nominal that is the column you are refering to and not m_Nominal.

Mfelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Sorry, mate, probably you did not see my comment:

Nominal is not the column from Dataset - it is the calculated column in the model, which = m_Nominal. 

At the same time, m_Nominal is the conversion, using the rate (I don't understand why this trick should work - just used some example).

Could you share your sample file with working exchange rate? 

Thanks,

Vlad

If Nominal is a calculated column and = to m_Nominal use the m_Nominal on your visual and it works, in my sample file I have used the measure in my visual not a calculated column.

Mfelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Ah. Thanks a lot. For some reason, I thought metrics can not be used in Visuals. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.