Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Malsha
Helper I
Helper I

CSV Import Issue

Hi everyone,

when I export my report data to csv, time fields display wrong values. in the csv file, time fields display a date in every row. This is how power bi report shows the time fields.

Malsha_0-1692787428637.png

This is how exported csv file shows the time fields.

Malsha_1-1692787429416.png

I opened this as a text file also. but the same issue reflects there as well. what's the solution for this & what's the reason to happens this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vicky_
Super User
Super User

Time values are basically just formatted integers, and so are dates - you can read more about it here. If you need the time value to show exactly as in the power BI report, you can use the FORMAT function to return the value as a string.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Malsha
Helper I
Helper I

Hi everyone,

when I export my report data to csv, time fields display wrong values. in the csv file, time fields display a date in every row. This is how power bi report shows the time fields.

Malsha_0-1692785344682.png

This is how exported csv file shows the time fields.

Malsha_1-1692787012743.png

I opened this as a text file also. but the same issue reflects there as well. what's the solution for this & what's the reason to happens this.

vicky_
Super User
Super User

Time values are basically just formatted integers, and so are dates - you can read more about it here. If you need the time value to show exactly as in the power BI report, you can use the FORMAT function to return the value as a string.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.