Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kreg
Helper I
Helper I

Button behavior

Hi,

I have a small report with for the Drill-through and also Button I added now (both of them shows the same Details Sales with top seller in Gotland etc.). I do not understand the difference between Drill-through and Button (button was added along with the bookmark page). Now, I am able from the main page see the details with Drill-through, for example when I am selecting some row and go through the Drill it shows me details about that specific rows.

Now, when I choose the button it shows me details about all sellers etc. in Sweden (it makes sense because I did not select any row earlier). The problem is that main report shows only sales in specific region, not in all Sweden. So imagine that the main page shows all products sells in Gotland region (not all Sweden), and when I go through the Drill-through from the specific row it shows me correctly details, but when I am selecting the button Details Sales it shows top seller in all Sweden, not in Gotland, why? How to fix it? I should expect - when I select Details Sales button - to see top seller etc.  of each product.

I thought that the problem is with the filters, but the filters are the same everywhere and as you can see Drill-through gives me expected results, but button shows all results.

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Kreg,

Current power bi bookmark feature is used to save current report page filter effects.

When you click on this, it will replace the report page filters to the saved status and not able to dynamic response external filter effects.

Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Oh gosh, not good, seems it looks even fine with bookmarks but if it not able to dynamic response It does not fit to me. But as I wrote above drill-through works fine, I mean when I click on some row and then to Details ... it shows only those filtered out rows for that primary one. So any hints how to do that? I would like to have hide in one main report page but using some visualization to show other Details ... that's why I thought that bookmark with button might sense for me.

Hi @Kreg,

In fact, I means the current report filter effects will be replaced after bookmark actived. So if you use drill through the field after the bookmark used, these new filter effect will be correctly apply to the report pages. (the first step filter effects will be overwritten by the second step)

How about using ‘page navigator’ to achieve report page navigate effects? They should only bring you to the report page without any replace filter operations.

Create page and bookmark navigators - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.