Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

don_writer
Helper II
Helper II

Box and Whiskers (JP) Visual not filtering properly

I am uncertain if I am doing something wrong....

For the most part everything seems to be working fine. Category is "Source", sampling is an individual ID, Values is a median of Scores. Everything looks great. Here it is prior to filtering.

pre-filtered_BWchart.JPG

But then I choose a year and a division slicer. That generally works everywhere across the board. And it clearly knows what it's supposed to be looking at because it is showing the correct data points. See those two single samples? Those are the only data points in this visual. So the question is, why is it displaying all those other elements (the multicolored Box and Whiskers above the flat data points)? You can see just below where I have Show Data on and there are only two points of data.

filtered_BWchart.JPG

Then what makes me think it may not be me, is that when I go into the Vizualization properties and in the Chart options I turn "Include Empty Values" On then Off again, it displays what it should...

filtered_and_fixed_BWchart.JPG

chart_options.JPG

But when I deselect the slicers and reapply the slicers it goes back to having the extra elements on there.

I did update (and generally update Power BI month to month).

Anything I can do to fix this? I don't think it's a data issue.

Best regards,

~Don

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
don_writer
Helper II
Helper II

FYI I rebuilt the visual a few times and eventually it worked. I don't think I did anything different each time but I suppose I will never know unless I see this again.

Thanks all for your input.

~Don

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
don_writer
Helper II
Helper II

FYI I rebuilt the visual a few times and eventually it worked. I don't think I did anything different each time but I suppose I will never know unless I see this again.

Thanks all for your input.

~Don

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @don_writer,

Based on my test, it seemed work normally on my side:

1.PNG

Would you please share your pbix file if possible? Also you can test with our sample report on your side to see if the same issue occurs.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.