Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AlecS07

Bar chart to show last 4 weeks count

Hi

Looking for some advice/help on getting a visual how I want it to display.
I currently have a datafeed from a CSV loaded in which shows a table list of items and a donut chart.

The table list consists of application names, created dates.

I'd like to show a bar chart to display the last 4 weeks and how many applications we have in total based on their dates.
For example, during April 2 new applications were added, 3 in March, several in Feb and a few in January.

How can I display a bar chart to show the increasing number of applications added per week?

Thankyou

Alec

6 REPLIES 6
Housden996
Helper I
Helper I

If you only want the past 4 weeks of data and no dynamic filtering you can jsut add the date field on as a filter and set this to relative date and then 4 calendar weeks or just 4 weeks.

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@AlecS07 , It would be great if you can share the sample input along with your expected result. So, based on your input columns we can help you out.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@AlecS07 This might help. Better Running Total - Microsoft Fabric Community Otherwise, Sorry, having trouble following, can you post sample data as text and expected output?
Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi Greg,

Sorry Let me explain a little bit more with some pictures.

Screenshot_1.png

This is the list of applications on the left which have dates when they were created. We have a total count at the top and what we would like to see for progress status is a bar chart which shows the last 4 weeks as dates along the bottom and then a count of applications based on their dates against the last 4 weeks to show how many new applications have been migrated per week. This data will be refreshed weekly and new applications will be added to the list / data.

If you require further info, please ask and I shall draw the bar chart.
Thankyou

Alec

Screenshot_2.png
@Greg_Deckler 
I can get a bar chart to show applications added within the last 4 months but what I would like is rather than showing new counts across the months, the total value increasing instead.

So example In Febuary we had 60 applications and then in March 4 more were added so the total for March would be 64  and then 12 more added in April so the total for April to be 76 if that makes sense?

@AlecS07 Better Running Total - Microsoft Fabric Community

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.