Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eniX
Helper III
Helper III

Bar/Column width in a stacked chart

Hi folks,

how can I reduce the amount of space wasted to the left and right?:

bar_width_1.png

I 've found some options, but there are already max values selected and I still miss a lot of space...

bar_width_2.png

I know it has to be possible, because even on Microsoft's official homepage there is a chart with such a looking:

bar_width_3.png

(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-visualization-customize-x-axis-and-y-axis)

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same wish - still no solution ?

eniX
Helper III
Helper III

Ok, so I have localized the problem: If you only use "Values"-Field for your vizualization the bars are stacked in the middle. In comparison, if you also use "Axis"-Field, they are distributed among the whole width:

bar_width_4.png

But I don't have any category I want to vizualize, I just have some independent counts...Any solutions for this case?

Hi @eniX,

In your resouce, there is only counts without other field? In the stackec chart, there is no field displayed in X-Axis, only the counts value displayed in Y-Axis? If it is, it's impossible in to show the counts in different bars because they can not category the counts value.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.