Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rococo

Bar Chart not summarizing one specific value

Hi , 
I have been strugling with a weird issue where the column charts are not sumarizing a especific value. I added a legend to troubleshoot and there is only one 2.8.0.000 on the legend and when it is selected both individual 2.8.0.000 get highligted.

- Issue happens with all column charts types

- I deleted all relationships to the table 

-Copied the value the values of the table to Notepad++ and converted to HEX just to make sure they are the same 

-Filtering on the table shows only one value

Rococo_0-1693399181190.png

Rococo_1-1693399466544.png

Any sugestion is apreciated 

4 REPLIES 4
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rococo ,

Do you have any other values on your x-axis aside from this field?

If yes, Please remove the drill down or  remove the other fields if not needed.

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rococo ,

Very strange indeed. What fields do you place in your column chart? Did Legend split 2.8.0.000 into two groups?

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

Hi Stephen,

I placed the version field on the chart X-axis values and legend. The legend didn't split the the 2.8.000.000 into two groups as the X-axis did.

When I click on 2.8.000.000 on the legend, it greys out all the other versions but the two  2.8.000.00.
I think I drilled down the cause but i don't know why it behaves differently on different parts of PBI.
The possible cause is that all the data is coming in a CSV file via email that is copied to my onedrive via power automate. (poors man S3 bucket) 
There is one server that can't send email, so i created the csv file with the version maually and that is the version causing the issue. When I change the version to 2.5.0.005 the issue moves to this version. 
It could be differences on the file encoding but after it get ingested via power query it should be all the same string. 

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rococo 

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.