Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

corn-on-a-cob

Automatically make a routine report from new data and store previously generated data

Hi everyone,

I want to make a report that refreshes every eight hours (on the end of a shift, three shifts a day). The report will function as kind of a 'performance tracker' of workers working on a shift. So when a shift ends, I want Power BI to be able to refresh the data AND only use the data that was uploaded during a certain shift's time window to generate a report for that shift's performance. Whether or not the shift's performance was satisfactory is determined by certain variables that I sourced from several different datasets (e.g. did they make enough products, did they make any fatal mistake, etc). So if they fulfill all the criteria in that shift, the workers will get a point (so plus one point for the people working on that shift). But, I want to be able to store previous data to calculate the total points as well so I can know how many times a group of workers have completed a shift that was satisfactory because I will need to do a weekly, monthly, and yearly recap for each group (so probably another table to store this??). I have tried using like a COUNTIF function (modified with CALCULATE, COUNTA, and FILTER bcs Power BI has no COUNTIF) to count how many times a certain group's ID was mentioned in each variable's datasets and use IF function to see whether or not they fulfilled all the satisfactory performance criteria. But I have a problem with making reports with only using the data from a certain eight-hour time window and storing the performance tracker data for recapping. If there's any approach that is more efficient than what I have tried to do, it'll be really really great.

I'm fresh to Power BI so I probably do not know the keywords to search for too 😞 Any help on this is highly appreciated. Thank you very much guys!! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

" But, I want to be able to store previous data to calculate the total points as well "

Power BI has no memory, and no concept of global variables. You need to do that in the upstream system.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

" But, I want to be able to store previous data to calculate the total points as well "

Power BI has no memory, and no concept of global variables. You need to do that in the upstream system.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.