Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LasseByskov

Automatic updating date slicer

I have this problem, that when i have date slicers on my power BI page, and the .pbix file is published to the cloud, some of the slicers does not "update" so that the slicers are not activated. Insted some of the date slicers just "lock" at the date that i was on, when publising the .pbix file to the cloud. Is there any possible way, so that the date slicer can update itself, so that it does not slice anything, unless you change the dates on the slicer. 

LasseByskov_0-1676449041350.png

In the picture above, you see that the date is set to "08-02-2023", but there is data for "15-02-2023" --> how do i set the slicer to keep trace of the newest date? instead of locking at the "08-02-2023" which was the newest date when i did publish the .pbix file.

2 REPLIES 2
johnyip
Super User
Super User

Hi @LasseByskov , I face the same issue and wish to have a solution, but it seems it is not possible at the moment.

However, there is another post discussing an issue similar to yours, and it seems there is an alternative solution there.

Slicer maximum value selected by default - Microsoft Power BI Community

Please mark my post as the solution if this answers your question!
Appreciate your Kudos !!

But the wierd thing about this, is that some of my slicers do "update", where other slicers does not "update".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.