Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sharpedogs
Advocate II
Advocate II

Area Chart with multiple values, but one of them is much larger than the other two.

I have the below data set and I wnat to show it on a single graph. Althoguth the minutes numbers are in millions and the rest are in thousands, I want them all on the same graph to show that the numbers have all ben increasing together. 

There must be some way to scale the numbers? 

WeekActive Hosts Meetings Minutes
Feb 2415,90067,00010,400,000
Mar 220,00077,00011,000,000
Mar 922,50087,00012,000,000
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, thats not a bad solution. But I needed to keep the data points. I downloaded the new version of PowerBi and it was my lucky day.... they added the abiltity to do a second Y axis. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mihart
Employee
Employee

Hi @sharpedogs ,

What about using a chart with dual axes.  The left axis could show thousands and the right axis could show millions.  That way you could see all data on same visual and clearly see the matching trends. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-combo-chart

When to use a Combo chart

Combo charts are a great choice:

• when you have a line chart and a column chart with the same X axis.
  • to compare multiple measures with different value ranges.
  • to illustrate the correlation between two measures in one visualization.
  • to check whether one measure meet the target which is defined by another measure
  • to conserve canvas space.

HTH,

Michele

After i asked the question i downloaded a newer version and it had the dual axis... great feature..

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @sharpedogs ,

Depending on the scaling I would create a measure to calculate the minutes i the scale you want something similar to:

Minutes totals = SUM(Table[Minutes]) / 1000

The use this as my values in the chart and not the original column.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Thanks, thats not a bad solution. But I needed to keep the data points. I downloaded the new version of PowerBi and it was my lucky day.... they added the abiltity to do a second Y axis. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.