Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Apply same transformations to multiple tables/excel sheets

Good afternoon

I'm looking for a way for the transformations I apply to modify a set of tables or Excel sheets.

Guicar_0-1670099920232.png

Something similar to when we connect to a folder, select "combine and transform" and obtain the function automatically with the example file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That's what I meant when I wrote: "Apply the transforms against one of the sheets or files, then extract the code into a function, then apply that function to all sheets or files".

A parameter can be fed from a list query.  But that's rather pointless as you can instead use that query directly in your ETL.

lbendlin_0-1670781028516.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you for the reply.

I manage to do it through a parameter that focuses on a list generated with unique values of a column of a table, changing the default value that forces you to enter the parameter. But how to make the parameter have that list as a default value and not a single value of it? Or do you have put it another way to generate all the tables with the same transformation at once?

The data source function = folder applying merge and transform data, generates a sample file (which in our case would be a value of the list (list extracted from the column values of a table).
How is it solved with M code?
Thank you very much in advance to any help.

That's what I meant when I wrote: "Apply the transforms against one of the sheets or files, then extract the code into a function, then apply that function to all sheets or files".

A parameter can be fed from a list query.  But that's rather pointless as you can instead use that query directly in your ETL.

lbendlin_0-1670781028516.png

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Apply the transforms against one of the sheets or files, then extract the code into a function, then apply that function to all sheets or files.  Similar to what you would do in Excel where you record a macro for your steps and then examine the resulting macro to include in your code.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.