Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

OrM
Frequent Visitor

Adding fixed text to the end of number and keep number formatting

Hi everyone,

I am trying to add a pp (percentage point) to the end of the number in the measure. But at the same time I don't want power bi to convert it to text. 

I have a measure that returns some number, i.e. 1.56. I have changed it to 1.56 pp by adding text to the end but I would like to have it as a decimal number instead of text. So that I can use it on the bar charts.

Thank you!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @OrM ,

you can do that with the format options.

Like this the number stays the same but when the number is shown it adds the pp.

For that go to the model view in Power BI Desktop and change the formatting of the field:

6.png

I think this should solve your problem. If you need any help please let me know.

If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @OrM ,

you can do that with the format options.

Like this the number stays the same but when the number is shown it adds the pp.

For that go to the model view in Power BI Desktop and change the formatting of the field:

6.png

I think this should solve your problem. If you need any help please let me know.

If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Does this solution work? Adding 0,00 pp. I am trying to do the same to add "%" sign at the end of my calculated measure but doesnt work

OrM
Frequent Visitor

Hi @selimovd,

Thaks a lot! Works exactly the way I want.

Regards,

Orkhan 

Does this solution work? Adding 0,00 pp. I am trying to do the same to add "%" sign at the end of my calculated measure but doesnt work

Hey @OrM ,

did it work with the format option?

I'm curious if you could solve this issue 🙂

If you need any help please let me know.

Best regards
Denis

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.