Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerBINoob12
Helper I
Helper I

Adding containstring to a measure

Hi

I have the below measure that counts all the rows in the "incident tickets" table where the "assignment group" is equal to "incident"

Ticket Count = COUNTROWS(FILTER('Incident Tickets', [Assignment group] = "Incident")

How would I change this to count 
all the rows in the "incident tickets" table where the "assignment group" contains the string "incident"

I know I need to use the contrainsstring() but not sure how to structure it

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mangaus1111
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @PowerBINoob12 

try with

Ticket Count = 

COUNTROWS(

FILTER(

'Incident Tickets',

CONTAINSSTRING('Incident Tickets'[Assignment group] = "incident")

)

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mangaus1111
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @PowerBINoob12 

try with

Ticket Count = 

COUNTROWS(

FILTER(

'Incident Tickets',

CONTAINSSTRING('Incident Tickets'[Assignment group] = "incident")

)

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I get this error then:

Too few arguments were passed to the CONTAINSSTRING function. The minimum argument count for the function is 2.

NM, removed the = for a comma. 

Thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.