Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

foxhound92
Frequent Visitor

Add data label to a fill map

Hello,

I am sorry,  if I am posting frequently asked questions but I still not found a solution to my issue.

So, I would like to add datas label on a Fill map. It's a custom map uploaded with toposjon format.

foxhound92_0-1685605489510.png

As you can see, data labels display only with tooltip when I am moving the mouse on a region.

So, I would like to know how i can add data labels on the map. 

One of the solution I have founded was to create data points with long and lat to display the data labels, but i think it not going to work with a fill map.

I am very suprised that It 's not possible to do this simple thing.

Especially when most of the time, we are trying to export visuals.

In fact, without a data labels it will be difficult to read the map in a presentation.

Thank you for you're help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @foxhound92 ,

Currently Filled map could not support data labels in power bi based on my research.

A workaround is to use Lat-Lon to plot the geographic location and you can use an arbitrary field, with whatever information you want in it) as the value in the Location section of the visualization. Reference: Data Labels on Maps

How to add Data Labels to Maps in Power BI! Tips and Tricks

If you are familiar with R code, you can draw a R visual

In addition, here is an idea about data label on filled map, you can vote for it to help us improve power bi and make this feature coming sooner.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @foxhound92 ,

Currently Filled map could not support data labels in power bi based on my research.

A workaround is to use Lat-Lon to plot the geographic location and you can use an arbitrary field, with whatever information you want in it) as the value in the Location section of the visualization. Reference: Data Labels on Maps

How to add Data Labels to Maps in Power BI! Tips and Tricks

If you are familiar with R code, you can draw a R visual

In addition, here is an idea about data label on filled map, you can vote for it to help us improve power bi and make this feature coming sooner.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.