Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add button into table row for page navigation

Hi All,

I need to add buttons for page navigation into table visual for each row of data in table. The number of rows in table is not fixed and can change when new data comes in. 

The task is to create a table visual with buttons (at the end of row, in between, at the start, anywhere in the row) for page navigation (and not web URLs).

Any support is highly appreciated.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In the lastest version of Power BI Desktop, the ability to easily navigate to other pages using Buttons in announced. In both videos, video maker will explain how you can use this approach to create navigation for your Power BI solution.

Please kindly refer to

Make navigation easier with Power BI buttons3

Page Navigation Buttons in Power BI

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MiniT

I'm not sure why is question is marked as solved. None of the proposed solutions offer what Anonymous was asking for. I would love to see this functionality added to Power BI. It would enable a slick/simple summary page with high level stats in a Table visual that could jump to individual pages for each row in the summary. I've wished I could do that in several projects now.

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In the lastest version of Power BI Desktop, the ability to easily navigate to other pages using Buttons in announced. In both videos, video maker will explain how you can use this approach to create navigation for your Power BI solution.

Please kindly refer to

Make navigation easier with Power BI buttons3

Page Navigation Buttons in Power BI

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is not a solution as the navigation is hard coded. Is there a solution to render navigation button dynamically based on the row values retreived from a query?

Cheers,

jaideepnema
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

Not sure if this can be done using buttons but have you tried using drill through to achieve the same functionality ?

How Do I: Add a Drill-Through to See Records in Power BI Desktop? – think about IT

Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Please accept this as a solution if your question has been answered !!

Appreciate a Kudos 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.