Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TBoat
Frequent Visitor

Add Date Filter to Logic within Table - Earlier

Hi,

I am so close to getting the correct result I want.

Can I just put a filter on this to get the correct Associated Date @ Account #2 with the Cost Source in this Calculated Column?

Here is my Calculated Column. It has the Cost Source in the right rows, but just I need the correct Cost Source Data associated with that Account #2 and Date.

Thanks for the Help!

New column =
                maxx(filter(MonthlyFinancials,
                        MonthlyFinancials[da_Uid] = earlier(MonthlyFinancials[da2_Uid]) ),
                                    MonthlyFinancials[CostsSource])GM Saved.png

3 REPLIES 3
TBoat
Frequent Visitor

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@TBoat , what is the date logic you want? As of neither it is sum or max.

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Hi @amitchandak Thanks for your help with this.

I watched your video and tried to create the calculated column like you did in the video and it gave me a circular error. I Think there has to be a filter with the Date or some other reference Account ID to get the correct Months data associated with that cost.

Here is a sample dataset. Hopefully you can help me find a solution to get the Sales & Costs lined up so I can get the Gross Margin % at the detailed Account Level. In this example I want the C/S Co 26'    Cost to be on the New-Co 263 line so I can get the % GM with that Associated sale. The 34.5% should be on the New-Co 263 Line. The Sales Line item data has that Account #2 which references the Cost line item I think this should be easy to reference?

Thanks again for all your Help!! 🙂

https://achillesanalytics15-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/trevor_achilles-analytics_com/ERT1L5Erg...

GM Exp.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.