Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Livnat

A repeating column in the matrix

Hi, I have a matrix with two rows that are used as a header, the first header row uses as a group under which there are several groups. Every time I add one new group, the same group appears to me again and again and again. There is no connection between the groups and therefore there is no data either and the other column is empty. How do I cancel this connection?

1000009658.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Livnat

What is the metric used for in your example? And where do I put the measure I created? in columns?

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Livnat ,

In this case without knowing how the metrics are setup and the calculations done believe waht you are missing is group that allows you to have the calculation merged between the groups for example if you have a table similar to this:

Header 1 Header 2

Group1

Low Level1
Group1 Low Level2
Group2 Low Level3
Group2 Low Level4

Now if you add a switch stament similar to this:

Values= 
SWITCH(SELECTEDVALUE(Table[Header 2]),
         "Low Level1", [Metric1],
         "Low Level2", [Metric2],
         "Low Level3", [Metric3],
         "Low Level4", [Metric4]
)

The using this metric on the values of the matrix and the table values on the headers you will get the values has you need.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.