Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

⚡️Use DAX to Create a Dynamic TOPN Slicer within Power BI

Traditionally the DAX TOPN Function has a hardcoded set of n parameters. This can be useful but it's better to give our Report Consumers more flexibility in how they analyse their Business Data.

I display a nice workaround involving DAX & an additional Table- to give End Users the power to dynamically analyse their Business Insights.

In this YouTube tutorial, I'll be using some brief slides and the Power BI Desktop environment to cover:

🔥 Breaking down the Classic TOPN DAX Function within Power BI

🔥 Using DAX to display the Top Products % of Total Sales

🔥 Making our TOPN Function dynamic through Slicer Control

🔥 Using this functionality to allow End Users to make Data Driven Decisions in an instant & capitalise on their Sales data

You can watch the video using the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKyCNL7Za70

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Xue, I will do!

Best,

James

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It's very helpful video to solve TOPN issues. Thanks for your sharing. You also could submit it as a blog on Community Blog. 😀

And you could reply to me, then I can accept your answer as a solution. A solved post will be found more easily than an open one.  Hope more PBI users can learn a lot from your video.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Xue, I will do!

Best,

James

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.