Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JingeolRyu
Frequent Visitor

Dataflows Gen2 Error

Hi.
I'm trying to import tables from on-premise SQL Sever to Data Lakehouse.

I can see the list of tables in on-prem SQL Server in Dataflow.

(I used on-prem gateway connector for connection)

but after I set the destination target and build, it fails to refesh.

Since I can import tables in Azure SQL Server (in cloud),

I think this problem is somehow related to on-premise thing..

I've tried,

- connecting to the target Lakehouse using on-prem gateway connector

- connecting to the target Lakehouse using default(i.e. Lakehouse(none))

but all of them resulted in this same error.

WriteToDatabaseTableFrom_TransformForOutputToDatabaseTableFrom_

null Error: Couldn't refresh the entity because of an issue with the mashup document MashupException.Error: Microsoft SQL: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - the semaphore timeout period has expired) Details: DataSourceKind = Lakehouse;DataSourcePath = Lakehouse;Message = A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - the semaphore timeout period has expired.);ErrorCode = -2146232060;Number = 121;Class = 20 GatewayObjectId: 394d8060-03ee-4740-ae08-e17a1e7c1c46. .

Is there a way to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jwelch
Employee
Employee

Hi @JingeolRyu - this sounds like a network firewall or proxy issue with connecting to the Lakehouse from the on-premise data gateway. Please refer to this article: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-proxy#configure-gateway-f...

Please note that you will need to open port 1433 for TCP traffic for the URIs listed in that article if you are using an Output Destination.

-John

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JingeolRyu
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply. I was able to solve this problem by opening 1433 port.

jwelch
Employee
Employee

Hi @JingeolRyu - this sounds like a network firewall or proxy issue with connecting to the Lakehouse from the on-premise data gateway. Please refer to this article: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-proxy#configure-gateway-f...

Please note that you will need to open port 1433 for TCP traffic for the URIs listed in that article if you are using an Output Destination.

-John

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.