Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JingeolRyu
Frequent Visitor

Dataflows Gen2 Error

Hi.
I'm trying to import tables from on-premise SQL Sever to Data Lakehouse.

I can see the list of tables in on-prem SQL Server in Dataflow.

(I used on-prem gateway connector for connection)

but after I set the destination target and build, it fails to refesh.

Since I can import tables in Azure SQL Server (in cloud),

I think this problem is somehow related to on-premise thing..

I've tried,

- connecting to the target Lakehouse using on-prem gateway connector

- connecting to the target Lakehouse using default(i.e. Lakehouse(none))

but all of them resulted in this same error.

WriteToDatabaseTableFrom_TransformForOutputToDatabaseTableFrom_

null Error: Couldn't refresh the entity because of an issue with the mashup document MashupException.Error: Microsoft SQL: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - the semaphore timeout period has expired) Details: DataSourceKind = Lakehouse;DataSourcePath = Lakehouse;Message = A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - the semaphore timeout period has expired.);ErrorCode = -2146232060;Number = 121;Class = 20 GatewayObjectId: 394d8060-03ee-4740-ae08-e17a1e7c1c46. .

Is there a way to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jwelch
Employee
Employee

Hi @JingeolRyu - this sounds like a network firewall or proxy issue with connecting to the Lakehouse from the on-premise data gateway. Please refer to this article: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-proxy#configure-gateway-f...

Please note that you will need to open port 1433 for TCP traffic for the URIs listed in that article if you are using an Output Destination.

-John

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JingeolRyu
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply. I was able to solve this problem by opening 1433 port.

jwelch
Employee
Employee

Hi @JingeolRyu - this sounds like a network firewall or proxy issue with connecting to the Lakehouse from the on-premise data gateway. Please refer to this article: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-proxy#configure-gateway-f...

Please note that you will need to open port 1433 for TCP traffic for the URIs listed in that article if you are using an Output Destination.

-John

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors