Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

jmalcober
Frequent Visitor

Internal server error occurred mirroring some tables from azure sql

Hi,

After stopping and launch the replica from my azure sql database I get the following error from some tables (no all)

Internal server error occurred - artifact id: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

Is someone facing the same issue?

Thnks in advance

jmalcober_1-1722505610067.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fresh news from Microsoft Product Team:

As per PG Team:

“If the deployment schedule goes well, then it will be deployed in northeurope at around 8/31. It is a bug when dealing with decimal types. The most likely condition to hit this is when the decimal type column is included in the primary key.”

Best Regards

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AlainSmithers

I have the same error. I was able to successfully mirror several tables, but got the error when I added two large tables to the Replication Configuration. Even though the status is "Running with warnings", there are zero records added to the replica tables.

HI @AlainSmithers ,

I opened a ticket 3 days ago to MS team, and product team detect a bug. According to information they gave to me this morning (cest) fix is already developed but pending to deploy. I will keep you updated once I have more news.

Regarda

Thanks. I've been trying to troubleshoot on my end - see what's different between the tables that fail and the ones that succeed. I found that the problem occurs when the primary key is a numeric data type. I made a copy of my table and changed the data type of the PK to VARCHAR and it worked. Not a very practical solution but at least I narrowed down the problem.

Fresh news from Microsoft Product Team:

As per PG Team:

“If the deployment schedule goes well, then it will be deployed in northeurope at around 8/31. It is a bug when dealing with decimal types. The most likely condition to hit this is when the decimal type column is included in the primary key.”

Best Regards

v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jmalcober ,

I understand how you feel and there are a few things I would like to confirm with you:

• What kind of table are you having problems with, is it a SQL native table or an externally hosted table? Is this table a normal table used to store data or is it a temporary table, such as one generated after running a SQL statement?
  • Are there any permissions or security policies set up to control access?
  • Is there any network access control set on the database itself?
  • Are there multiple workloads running at the same time? It should be much better if only one or two workloads are running.

Finally, since this is a preview feature that is still in beta, there may be some issues that are not mentioned in the documentation. Is this a high priority issue for you, is it very urgent and affecting your workload, if this is the case you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will resolve the issue for you.

The link of Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Fabric Community

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

OK. Thany you for reply @v-huijiey-msft ,

We have open a support case, and product team is reviewing the issue. Looks like is an internal bug.

Regards

v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jmalcober ,

I have not seen any other users reporting this error.

Please note: The “Source” and “databaseID” parts of your attached screenshot reveal your sensitive information, so please re-edit them to make a mosaic.

The status “Running with warnings” is a warning that it is running with a temporary, non-fatal error.

You can check to see if the database has been used for any other operations or if there are other users occupying the current database resources at this point in time.

You can also try to stop the mirror, make sure all the configurations are correct and then start the mirror again to see if it solves the problem.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Hi @v-huijiey-msft ,

Thank you for your answer. 

Following your recomendations I have done the following:

1. I stoped and started the replica. Same error in same tables.

2. I have deleted the replica and created a new replica with diferen name. Same error  in same tables.

This error is blocking our development team. Any help is highly appreciated.

BR

Hello @v-huijiey-msft  and community,

We are going crazy with this error, we have even deleted the replica and created from 0 and we getthe same errors in the same tables.

Any help? We are desperate

BR

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept Fabric Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.