Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

meisteryoda
Frequent Visitor

x Axis does not adjust to filtered data

Hello everyone,

On a report page I have several "Line and clustered column charts" with sales on the y axis and weeks on x axis. (weekly sales as lines and YTD as bars)

I have report filters:

- relative date filter which filters "This year"

- IsYTD filter (IsYTD is a column in my date table having TRUE for all days until today)

page filter:

- relative date filter which filters "the last 60 calendar weeks" (set to see just the full weeks in my charts)

right now we are in the middle of calendar week 42, so the charts should show this years data until calendar week 41 and they do show exactly this data. The problem is, that the x axis of the charts are not adjusting to my filters. Right now the charts x axis goes until week 53 having the weeks 42-53 empty instead of adjusting the axis to weekrange 1 to 41.

Is there a way to change that?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@meisteryoda 

You can apply a condition to your measure that you use it the chart to check if there a value to display otherwise show blank which will hide as you desire.

New Measure = 
IF( ISBLANK([YOURMEASURE]), BLANK(), [YOURMEASURE])

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Hi Fowmy,

thanks for the quick reply. I just tried your suggestion. Strangely it just works when I set x<15 in the relative date filter for the page "is in the last x calendar weeks" .

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors