Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

gilangdwipr
Frequent Visitor

is it possible to publish report consist of column that's LOOKUPVALUE-ing towards DirectQuery data?

Is it possible to publish a Power BI report with a table that contains columns created using LOOKUPVALUE on DirectQuery data? I'm already a Pro user. I encountered several error messages with this setup before, but I'm not sure if this was the actual problem.

Table 1 (local) :

NoItem

Apple

2Banana
2Banana
3Orange
4Guava
4Guava

Table 2 (direct query)

NoStatus

True

2False
3True
4False

= LOOKUPVALUE('Table 2'[Status],'Table 2'[No],'Table 1'[No])

Table 1 result:

NoItemStatus

Apple

True

2BananaFalse
2BananaFalse
3OrangeTrue
4GuavaFalse
4GuavaFalse

Need help, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AntrikshSharma
Super User
Super User

@gilangdwipr You can use it, but LOOKUPVALUE calculated column should be on the Import mode table, if you do that with DQ table then it is not supported. 

If you want the column on the DQ table T1 then you need to import the other table T2 in DQ mode and build a relationship b/w T1 & T2 and use RELATED or if T2 table must remain in Import mode then you can use Dual storage mode

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AntrikshSharma
Super User
Super User

@gilangdwipr You can use it, but LOOKUPVALUE calculated column should be on the Import mode table, if you do that with DQ table then it is not supported. 

If you want the column on the DQ table T1 then you need to import the other table T2 in DQ mode and build a relationship b/w T1 & T2 and use RELATED or if T2 table must remain in Import mode then you can use Dual storage mode

Thank you for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept PBI Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

September Hackathon Carousel

Microsoft Fabric & AI Learning Hackathon

Learn from experts, get hands-on experience, and win awesome prizes.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.