Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ValeriaBreve
Post Patron
Post Patron

help with a formula to filter the sum of a calculation

Hello,

I am trying to perform what is seemingly an easy calculation but I cannot get there in DAX.

I am reading several forecats files, to which I give a version: "n" for this month, "n-1" for last month, etc.

I also have an actual spending table, with spending per month up to the latest month of available data (so no versioning). 

What I need to do it to be able to sum up the actuals but only up to the date of the version selected (or version used as a legend in a chart is what I would like to achieve, to show the different curves of forecast + actual per month by file version).

I have a table with file versions that I am reading, that I have now included in my date table (which I hope is the correct way of doing thigs):

ValeriaBreve_0-1685115694511.png

The Actuals table just has 4 columns: Project Number, Date, Spending and Year

then I have tried to created a measure for summing the actuals, but it is not working 😞

Spending Versioned (US$) =
VAR VersionSelected = (SELECTEDVALUE(DateTable[EOM Date]))
VAR ActualsAmount = CALCULATE(SUM('ACTUALS'[Spending USH$]),
FILTER(
    DateTable,DateTable[Date]<VersionSelected)
)
RETURN
ActualsAmount

Can you please guide me in how to do this properly?

Thanks!

Kind regards

Valeria

1 REPLY 1
some_bih
Super User
Super User

Hi @ValeriaBreve  check bracket at start and at end in part VAR VersionSelected = (SELECTEDVALUE(DateTable[EOM Date])). I hope this help.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.