Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rabi
Resolver I
Resolver I

fixed Average of a value when multiple dates are selected from slicer.

Hi,

I am calculating KPI for Actuals vs Target, the target and actuals are Average values and I get single value however as soon as i add KPI into the visual i get three different KPI whereas the KPI were to be calculated based on the average of actuals and target. I am trying to get KPI when multiple dates are selected from slicer. I also have different targets for different months. for example, in the table below I wanted to get a single KPI for average of target and average of Actual. I am using a date filter and Room Name filter in this table visual. 

Rabi_0-1693274978874.png

the KPI for this visual was supposed to be bad as the average of actual is over the  Average of target value.

How can i make sureto get a single KPI in this condition, i am using this kpi to format my Gauge Axis Visual. how to get a single value for Average of  Target and Actual when i select multiple or a single date from the slicer.

Thank you !

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @v-shex-msft ,

I was Expecting this result:

Rabi_0-1693449288815.png

Which is average of Target and Actual and KPI accordingly.

Thank You!!

View solution in original post

Rabi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @v-shex-msft and All,

I figured out the solution myself, below is the DAX if you stumble upon same issues,

KPI =
VAR actual Sales=
    AVERAGE (Actual Sales)

VAR Lower Limit of Target =
    AVERAGE (Lower Limit of Target Sales)

VAR Target=
    AVERAGE (Target Sales)

RETURN
    IF (
        Actual Sales > Target Sales,
        "Bad",
        IF(
            AND(Actual Sales >= Lower Limit of Target Sales, Actual <= Target Sales),
            "Good",
            IF(
                Actual Sales< Lower Limit of Target Sales,
                "Low",
                BLANK()
            )
        )
    )

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Rabi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @v-shex-msft and All,

I figured out the solution myself, below is the DAX if you stumble upon same issues,

KPI =
VAR actual Sales=
    AVERAGE (Actual Sales)

VAR Lower Limit of Target =
    AVERAGE (Lower Limit of Target Sales)

VAR Target=
    AVERAGE (Target Sales)

RETURN
    IF (
        Actual Sales > Target Sales,
        "Bad",
        IF(
            AND(Actual Sales >= Lower Limit of Target Sales, Actual <= Target Sales),
            "Good",
            IF(
                Actual Sales< Lower Limit of Target Sales,
                "Low",
                BLANK()
            )
        )
    )
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rabi ,

Can you please share some dummy data that keep the raw data structure with expected results? It should help us clarify your scenario and test to coding formula.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft ,

I was Expecting this result:

Rabi_0-1693449288815.png

Which is average of Target and Actual and KPI accordingly.

Thank You!!

HI @Rabi,

In fact, I want some dummy data and the expression that you used to test. They will help us clarify the data table structure and test to coding formula to create visualizations. (you can create in excel and paste in thread with table format)

BTW, did these three fields from different expressions and use on the matrix value fields?

If that is the case, you can create a new table these field names and use on matrix column. Then you can write a formula with switch function to check current column value and redirect to different measure expressions to show on the matrix.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors