Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

cummulative value without affected by slicer

Hello There

I need some help with my report.

i have two tables in excel which is as my source of my BI report. one contain dates, monthly achievement, running cummulative monthly achievement, monthly target and running cummulative monthly target, and the other one is only list of dates. this table of list of dates is used as slicer to filter many charts within my BI report. so these tables have connections in my BI between dates on list of data to dates on list of dates

list of dateslist of dateslist of datalist of data

the report is like this picture below, the slicer that contains name of month data came from table list of dates (as i mentioned earlier, this slicer is to filter many chart in one report page), and the combo chart data came from table list of data. line chart is cummulative target, and bar chart is cummulative monthly achievement

report chartreport chart

i want to slice the chart by slicer on the above but only affect to the cummulative monthly achievement (bar chart), for instance, if i click month of january on the slicer, the bar chart should show only for january, and the february one is not shown, and so on, and the line chart should remain the same, still showing from month of january to december (not affected by slicer's filter).

maybe there's some DAX or measures required to do this, i've try to make simple measure which calculate monthly achievement to running total (like using calculate, sum, filter etc.), but still not working as i wanted. the slicer keep slicing line chart

filtered chartfiltered chart

what i expected after i do some slicer filter is like this (this is easy in excel) 

abduldedys_0-1676419535496.png

please if anybody in this forum can help me

Thank you BI Forum

2 REPLIES 2
wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

i think it is hard to resolve this, if the x-axis value and the slicer value both come from date table.

if not, can try to remove the filters of slicers in the line measure.

=CALCULATE([Target Value],REMOVEFILTER(Slicers[Month]))

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, after two months the result is i have to build separate tables and it worked

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors