Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

calculate from second row

Hello everyone,

I need to calculate a formula taking into account data from the second row. 

I show you an example in excel:

test.PNG

I have a filter in Power BI by date, which will select the numbers. Then I must apply that formula from the second row.

This means: data must be selected from the next day the filter was selected. In the example above, the user would select in the date slicer from 7 to 14 of May, so data must be calculated from 8 to 14th of May.

I calculated an index column in Power Query. And a "first row" measure which selects the index for the first row:

First row = CALCULATE(MIN('Return'[Índice]); FILTER('Return'; LASTNONBLANK('Return'[Índice]; true())))

Then I calculated a column:
Column = CALCULATE(SUM('Return'[Return])+1; ALLSELECTED('Return'[Date])

Then I tried to calculate that product:
Measure = CALCULATE( PRODUCT('Return'[Columna])-1)

I am not able to include a filter to ignore the first row and start calculate from the second one. I tried "earlier", all kinds of filters, I just can't get to it. 

Thank you in advance! Any advice is very much appreciated 🙂 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

I loaded your excel data into a table called Second, and made a table visual and this measure, and put it on a card.

StartWithSecond = VAR filteredtable = FILTER('Second', 'Second'[Date]>min('Second'[Date]))
return PRODUCTX(filteredtable, 1+'Second'[Value])-1

second.png
If this solution works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.
Regards,
Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

I loaded your excel data into a table called Second, and made a table visual and this measure, and put it on a card.

StartWithSecond = VAR filteredtable = FILTER('Second', 'Second'[Date]>min('Second'[Date]))
return PRODUCTX(filteredtable, 1+'Second'[Value])-1

second.png
If this solution works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.
Regards,
Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much @mahoneypat !!

I was really complicating myself with collumns and so on... It works wonderfully!! Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors