Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

james_pease
Helper III
Helper III

Why cant I add Outlier label to a scatter plot

Hello again! So, I think I am coming to a close with highlighting outliers in my data visualizations. I have the following DAX expression:

Outlier = IF(CALCULATE([Cost %]-[Outlier STDEV]) < [Cost %] > CALCULATE([Cost %]+[Outlier STDEV] ), "Outlier")

Here are the measure used in the above formula for more context:

• Cost % = IF(sum(All_Actual_Sales[Actual Sales])>0,
    sum(All_Actual_Expenses[Amount])/sum(All_Actual_Sales[Actual Sales]))
  • Cost % STDEV = STDEVX.P(All_Actual_Expenses, [Cost %])
  • Outlier STDEV = CALCULATE(2.5* [Cost % STDEV])

What I am doing is + and - the [Outlier STDEV] measure from the [Cost %] mesaure to give parameters to the "Outliers" label I am trying to create. Please help me solve why I cant add this to my current scatter plot. I cleared out the names of the Directors for privacy, the colors reflect the directors names

james_pease_0-1660765137340.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
daXtreme
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@james_pease 

You want to put the text "Outlier" next to each point that is an outlier according to the formula? If so, then I know only one YT vid that talks about something similar. Here it is: 100% Control of Data Labels in Power BI - YouTube

But... you have to be prepared for some advanced features, like using Tabular Editor and calculation groups. You've been warned! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
daXtreme
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@james_pease 

You want to put the text "Outlier" next to each point that is an outlier according to the formula? If so, then I know only one YT vid that talks about something similar. Here it is: 100% Control of Data Labels in Power BI - YouTube

But... you have to be prepared for some advanced features, like using Tabular Editor and calculation groups. You've been warned! 🙂

Thank you! Its always these type of things that require the most complicated formulas haha! I will check this video out and get back to you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.