Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

philthegaps
Helper I
Helper I

Using filter in MDX

Hi all I want to filter an MDX query base on the sum of a integer field [Employee Wage Hours] at the year level, but displaying weekly summation results. Therefore I found how to filter taking into account the sum of [Employee Wage Hours] on a whole week (easy):

SELECT NON EMPTY{ [Measures].[Employee Wage Hours]        
    } ON COLUMNS,

FILTER (([03-Employee Info].[Employee Name].[Employee Name],
         [02-Week Period].[Week No].[Week No],
         [02-Week Period].[Hierarchy].[Year]
        ),
        SUM([Measures].[Employee Wage Hours]) > 20
        )

ON ROWS
FROM ( [Model]) 

Then I have the employee/week/year for which there is more than 20 [Employee Wage Hours] a week, for each week. But I cannot see, since I have a "week" row, how to have the same 3-uples for which there is more than 20 [Employee Wage Hours] a year. Do I have to use a WITH clause ?

Thanks for your answer...

4 REPLIES 4
AntrikshSharma
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vanessafvg no worries, maybe @marcorusso can help.

the king will no doubt know the answer!

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

AntrikshSharma
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vanessafvg Hey Vanessa, you want to take a look at this? You opted for MDX questions hence seeking your expertise.

gosh i realise its been a while since i have had to do this!    not sure i can help here.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors