Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

henriwestra
Frequent Visitor

Use DAX to create a column in which you match data from another table based on part of a word.

Hello,

I have two tables. Table 1 contains descriptions (see example). table 2 lists keywords. I would like to use DAX in table 1 to create an extra column in which it is indicated whether some of the keywords in table 2 appear in a description of table 1. 

Dax contains.JPG

I have to do this in DAX because I want to get the data in direct query mode. I know how to merge with contains in the query edirot, but then direct query is not an option anymore.

Who has the golden tip?

3 REPLIES 3
henriwestra
Frequent Visitor

Hey @AntrikshSharma ,

thanks for your help. it look's like the solution.

But the 'COUTROWS' function is not allowed in a calculated collumn in direct query models.

henriwestra_0-1607596406631.png

Is there a way to do this in direct qeury mode?

@henriwestra  Completely forgot about the direct query part. It looks like you will have to do this either through a measure and show it in the report or do it in Power Query.

AntrikshSharma
Community Champion
Community Champion

@henriwestra  Created a dummy file for you, try this and let me know the feedback. The file is attached below my signature.

1.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors