Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

KronosStorm
Regular Visitor

URGENT HELP REQUIRED-2 filters from same column

I have columns named Robot Name and Parts. The user should be able to select 2 robots and their parts. Due to the connection of the tables, I have to create 2 slicers for each robot and their parts selection. The filter for selection of robot is one column named Robot Name. I have created a matrix visual which gives me the name of robot selected and parts selected for each robot. Both the filters (meaning for one robot and its parts) are working correctly when only 1 is used. When I try to select robot 2, then I am getting blank as the value on the matrix. All my connections are working perfectly but the issue is when 2 filters for robot selection are in operation I am getting a blank value. If you need any more information please ask

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KronosStorm 

First of all, thanks to @123abc  for your prompt reply.

If your problem is still not solved, perhaps you can check if there is a conflict between the data of the two selected robots.

If the problem persists, could you provide example data in order to better assist you? How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community . Or show it as a screenshot or pbix. Please remove any sensitive data in advance. If uploading pbix files please do not log into your account.

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

123abc
Community Champion
Community Champion

It sounds like you're encountering an issue with your Power BI setup where selecting two robots simultaneously results in blank values in your matrix visual. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check Data Model Relationships: Ensure that your data model relationships are correctly set up between the Robot Name column and the Parts column. Verify that the relationships are one-to-many or many-to-one as needed.

2. Check Filter Context Interaction: Make sure that the filters applied by the slicers are interacting with the matrix visual as expected. Sometimes, conflicting filter contexts can result in unexpected behavior. You might need to adjust the interactions between slicers and visuals.

3. Verify Slicer Configuration: Double-check the configuration of your slicers to ensure they are set up correctly. Ensure that both slicers are filtering the Robot Name column independently, and they are not conflicting with each other.

4. Test with Different Visuals: Try using different types of visuals to see if the issue persists across different visualizations. This can help isolate whether the problem is specific to the matrix visual or if it's related to the data model or slicer configuration.

5. Review DAX Measures: If you're using DAX measures in your matrix visual, review them to ensure they are correctly calculating the values based on the selected filters. There might be a DAX measure causing unexpected behavior when both slicers are applied simultaneously.

6. Consider Combining Slicers: Instead of having two separate slicers for each robot, consider combining them into a single slicer that allows users to select multiple robots simultaneously. This can simplify your report and potentially avoid conflicts between slicers.

7. Check for Power BI Updates: Make sure you are using the latest version of Power BI Desktop, as updates often include bug fixes and improvements that might address issues like the one you're experiencing.

By carefully reviewing these aspects of your Power BI report, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue with the blank values in your matrix visual when selecting two robots simultaneously. If the problem persists, providing more detailed information about your data model, slicer configurations, and visuals can help further diagnose the issue.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

In case there is still a problem, please feel free and explain your issue in detail, It will be my pleasure to assist you in any way I can.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors