Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

swebb
Helper II
Helper II

Too many measures?

All,

I am creating an enterprise finance report for my organization, and one of the things I'm running in to is creating a completely custom finance report has lead to a lot of measures. ~56 measures per company (we have 5, so 56x5 roughly = 280 measures). Will this be a problem for the report? It is broken down by company/country so the one report has 5 different sub pages for each entity. 

Second question, is how do I copy the measures en masse? I need to do this for each company and doing it one by one is pretty tedious. Any thoughts here?

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@swebb First, I'm not sure why you would need a different measure for each company versus one measure that does the calculation and using slicers/filters. Second, you could use my tool MSHGQM to quickly create templates for your measures or even DAX Editor to create copies of your measures with a single click. You can download those here.

GitHub - gdeckler/MicrosoftHatesGregsQuickMeasures: Microsoft Hates Greg

If you have an Enterprise DNA subscription, there is a single download for Pro versions of all the tools and it's included in your subscription.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

As an aside, I have 2 of your books sitting on my desk, I just haven't made it through them yet 🙂 

I have a consolidated table, in USD and then each other table in EUR and CAD for example. The end user is wanting to see the data specific to each company and their respective currencies. Admittedly, I'm very new to Power BI, so I'm probably not doing it the best way. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors